About Gala Tent
Gala Tent™ is a leader in the patent design and distribution of commercial quality marquee, gazebos and modular structures. The company has the largest stock of tents, marquees, commercial pop up gazebos and accessories in Europe and is actively expanding its range of products, warehousing operations and services.
Founded in September 1999 by Jason Mace, Gala Tent™ is a multi-award winning company that completely revolutionised the event industry making it affordable to buy a marquee rather than hire. This innovation also opened up a new business sector, which was to become the Garden Marquee Hire Industry as operators buying affordable marquees from Gala Tent™ stated offering the inexpensive luxury marquee hire service throughout Europe, this sector is still expanding offering opportunities to budding entrepreneurs with sole traders earning GBP 35,000 or (Euro 46700) a year part time to GBP 80,000 (Euro 107000) a year full time.
Gala Tent™ also revolutionised the outdoor market trader industry with their commercial range of pop up gazebos and accessories. Currently selling over GBP 10,000,000 or (Euro 13,375,000) of tents and accessories each year worldwide and the first mail order marquee company in the world.
Gala Tent™ was also in the vanguard of the online retail revolution, having had an active e-commerce website since May 2000. In addition to direct sales to the general public, Gala Tent™ is also the preferred contract supplier for many hire companies, councils, military and branches of the emergency services.
Terms and ConditionsPlease read the following terms and condition rules carefully. The ordering of goods from us indicates that you are in agreement with them.
- Orders can be placed using the shopping facility provided on this website. If you wish to place an order via the telephone or email, we will create a Quotation for you, which you must pay for online after registering for an account with us.
- Once an order is placed using the online shopping facility you will receive an email confirmation automatically. The fact that you have received an email notification does not mean that we will be able to fulfil your order.
- If for any reason we are not able to fulfil your order, we will contact you at the earliest possible opportunity to advise you of this. At this point you have the right to change or cancel your order. Any payments paid or due will be adjusted as the circumstances dictate.
- Larger items that are specialist manufactured on demand may require an increased delivery time over that specified on this website (8 to 12 weeks or more). If this is the case we will contact you at the earliest possible opportunity to advise you of this. At this point you have the right to change or cancel your order.
- Our current prices are as displayed on the website. We will endeavour to ensure that the prices shown on this website are correct. If for any reason the price(s) of any item(s) are incorrect at the time you place an order with us, we will contact you at the earliest possible opportunity to advise you of this. At this point you have the right to change or cancel your order. Any payments paid or due will be adjusted as the circumstances dictate.
- All Handling and/or Shipping charges are included in the total amount payable, which you will have the opportunity to check before confirming your order.
- All prices are generally inclusive of VAT unless specified.
- Accepted payment methods are displayed on the footer of this site and also during the checkout process. We cannot accept any other method of payment to those listed.
- It is possible to enter a different Shipping Address to the Billing Address during Checkout, however for anti-fraud reasons we reserve the right to deliver only to the Billing Address. We will notify you of this change and may require further identification to proceed with your Order.
- We will endeavour to deliver your goods as soon as possible and will try to meet your delivery instructions. We will make every effort to deliver your goods within the time stated on our website but we will not be liable or offer any compensation for any loss caused to you by late delivery.
- If you refuse a delivery without prior consent from us or wish to cancel your order after despatch, then you have broken your contractual agreement to accept delivery of the goods you have purchased. You will be liable for the delivery and return of delivery costs plus an administration fee.
- If you do not receive your goods within the stated delivery period please contact us by email and we will contact our couriers on your behalf or provide you with a tracking number.
- It is your responsibility to check the condition of the goods upon delivery before signing for them. If the goods appear damaged please write on the delivery documentation 'goods arrived damaged'; this will help us to make claims on your behalf from the couriers should the item prove to be beyond repair. If you sign for a 'Clean Bill of Delivery' or 'unchecked', any insurance claims against the courier for damage in transit will be void.
- Items you order from us may sometimes be sent in more than one delivery, even if you've requested that you receive them all together. For example, you may receive multiple deliveries if your order contains an oversized item that needs to be dispatched separately or at a later date. Regardless of the number of deliveries you receive, you will only be charged the amount that was originally quoted to you at the time you placed your order (unless there are multiple delivery addresses and/or agreed otherwise).
- If for any reason there will be nobody present to accept your delivery you can leave a signed note, which the couriers need to take as proof of delivery, instructing them to leave your goods in a 'safe' place. By doing so you are accepting a 'clean bill of delivery' as we will be unable to make a claim on your behalf if the parcel is stolen or has been damaged in transit.
- Due to the size of certain items, on rare occasions it may be necessary to assist the delivery driver to unload your goods.
Duty Payments (5)
- All goods are shipped from the United Kingdom, where we are based. You may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are charged when the shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. We advise you to contact your local customs office for further information.
- You may also be responsible for payment of import duties to your local authority. Please note that for many countries, we are required to declare the total value of goods shipped, even when that order is a gift. These charges are often collected by your Postal Service and may be described by them as "Postal Charges". If you decide not to pay these charges, then your order will be returned to us in due course. Our returns policy dictates that we can only refund you when we receive the goods. (rule 4.4 would apply)
- Unfortunately, the actions of individual Customs Authorities are out of our control, the purchaser is responsible and we accept no liability for their actions.
Return of Goods (6)
- We believe that you will be delighted with your goods, however, in the event of you feeling that it is necessary to return the goods we will keep the process as simple and professional as possible.
- You can return your goods in their original condition to the address given on this website, within 30 days of receipt of goods.
- You will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us, unless we delivered the item to you in error.
- You will be responsible for the goods until they reach us, so it is our recommendation that you use a secure delivery method, which requires a signature on delivery. Please Note that if you fail to take reasonable care of the goods, we reserve the right to refuse return. Before you send any items back you need to contact us and arrange a returns number. Any goods returned to us without a returns number will be refused.
- Our Returns policy means that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return goods in original condition within 30 days of the date you received goods, unused and in original packaging with contents in the condition they were delivered. We will issue a refund for the price you paid for the goods only (excluding Handling/Shipping fees) within 30 days of the goods arriving with us.
- If you have purchased a Gala Tent or Shade: these are specialist-manufactured items and we will repair or replace any item, which is proven faulty.
- In the event we send you a replacement for a faulty or defective item, you may be required to return the original item or provide evidence of the fault within 30 days of receipt of delivery.
- Goods once used cannot be returned without a valid reason; we reserve the right to repair or replace any goods proven faulty. If you return your goods unauthorised then we reserve the right to refuse or refund your payment less a minimum charge of 50% subject to a commercial decision being made upon inspection of returned goods. However we reserve the right to refuse any refund if our contractual terms or broken.
- We reserve the right to grant refund by way of a credit note to the value of the refund.
- In the event of a manufacturing fault claim you may be required to send photographic evidence to us. This will provide us with the details to make a commercial decision to either repair or replace the goods.
Customer Services (7)
- In the first instance please contact us via the form on the Contact page, stating clearly the nature of your query.
- Your query will be dealt with within 7 working days.
- If for any reason a decision cannot be made within 7 working days, we will investigate your query thoroughly and keep you updated as to its progress.
- If we find that your query is not valid you will be contacted stating the reasons for our findings.
- If you are still unsatisfied with the outcome at this stage you have the right to take your case to a suitable arbitration service.
- By law, you have the right to withdraw from your purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after the date goods are delivered to you. This applies to all of our products except goods which are specialist manufactured items (see rule 1.4 and rule 6.14) and used goods.
- You should be aware that once we begin the delivery process you would not be able to cancel any contract. (see rule 4.4)
- All of our products are covered by a 12 months manufacturers guaranteeagainst manufacturing defects. This does not include damage caused by incorrect storage, erection, use or weather damage.
Our responsibility to you (8)
- We will not be responsible for any losses resulting from your use or the inability to use our website or resulting from unauthorised access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data in circumstances which are beyond our control.
- We will not be responsible for your loss of profits, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from something we have done wrong.
- We make no promise that our website will be uninterrupted or entirely error free. Because of the nature of the Internet, the shopping online service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our Internet services for any reason beyond our control.
- We make every possible effort to illustrate size and dimensions in our product descriptions. All sizes are based on assembled and pre-assembled measurements, and therefore approximate and may vary slightly. Product descriptions and images are for sole identity of the products.
- When printing and branding we endeavour to re-produce from your images as close as possible however, colours and sizes can vary and the quality of the print is produced within the quality of the images provided by you. We cannot guarantee delivery time on bespoke jobs, 28 days is a standard guideline but may take longer in busy periods and we cannot compensate for losses caused by late delivery.
Copyright/Trademarks/Data Protection (9)
- All rights in the designs and information on our website are owned by us. Copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights protect them.
- You may view, copy and print portions of our website for the sole purpose of placing an order with us. The materials on our website may not be used for any other purpose.
Links to other websites (10)
- Our website contains links to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. These links are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for the content of those sites.
- We may change or withdraw any part of our website, or may to refuse you access to the website at any time if we consider it necessary.
Information We Collect
When you place an order we collect your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and payment details.
Payments are processed by a secure 3rd party, so we do not store any payment details.
We may record which products you are interested in and which products you purchase.
What We Do with Your Information
We will use the information to process orders and to provide a more personal shopping experience.
We may use this information to tell you about changes to our website and to let you know about our products and those of other companies we work with. If you do not wish to receive this information, please contact us.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies. However, in the future we may wish to share the information we collect about you with trustworthy third parties whose products and services we think may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to do this please contact us.
- the specific pages you view and how long for,
- how you got to the site (e.g. via a Google search),
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site.
Google Analytics collects data anonymously, so it cannot be used to identify who you are.
We don’t allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
You can opt out of Google Analytics participation by disabling cookies in your browser, or by installing a browser addon which prevents its use, e.g. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Gala Tent Structures
- The 12 Month manufacturers warranty is against framework corrosion only and not against rips or tears in the material caused through use, we do however offer a repair service.
- The outdoor structures that we sell are not for permanent use and should be taken down during adverse and/or windy weather conditions. This information is provided in your Instructions and Care manual enclosed with your structure, manuals can also be downloaded from this website.
- All Gala Tent Structures purchased through Gala Tent are not covered under warranty or insurance for damage caused by the weather.
- During extremely cold weather the windows on the sidewalls may become brittle. It is recommended that the sidewalls be opened at room temperature to avoid cracking.
- We recommend that you contact your own insurance company to check or add cover under your household or business policy.
- We do advise that, if you are planning to leave your structure erected for many days/weeks/months, the weather should be checked regularly to ensure the safety of the structure. In the event of strong winds we recommend that the structure be taken down completely.
- Gala Tent provide a very supportive after sales service with a full catalogue of spare parts so, in the event of damage occurring to your structure, spare parts can be purchased online.
- Gala Tent also provide a repair service. You can send in your damaged material and Gala Tent will restore, patch up and make good. (Subject to extra cost) If for any reason you cannot find a part for a structure you purchased from Gala Tent then use our contact form for help and advice from our Customer Service Team.
- All of our products (including printing and bespoke items) will be branded with the Gala Tent Ltd company logo, this branding is not optional and is included on every product sold.
Precautions & Safety Measures
- Make sure your structure is secure using the recommended tie down kits; tie down kits can be used on all structures.
- Use guide ropes. Guide ropes attach on all four corners of your structure and will help balance and stability.
- Purchase ground bars. Ground bars add weight and stability, as well as keeping your structure totally square, sand bags can be laid over these to add extra weight.
- Purchase cast iron weighted feet. These can be stacked so you can maybe add two or three on top of each other if required.
- Purchase Resin weighted feet these are very easy to attach, simply fill with sand or water and attach around the leg pole.
- Purchase heavy-duty ground pegs. These are very useful for pegging down ground bars on soft ground as well as being useful for attaching guide ropes to.
- Taking precautions against the weather is very important; check the weather, even if you have taken all the above safety measures we still advise that if winds speeds exceed 50Km/hour then take your structure down. Gala Tent cannot guarantee your structure in any weather conditions whatsoever.
- We will not be responsible for any losses resulting from your use or the inability to use our structures.
- We will not be responsible for your loss of profits, wasted expenditure, or any other loss whatsoever.
- We strongly advise that the canopy is removed before collapsing your structure as this may cause snags and tears if left on. If the canopy is left on this is at the users own risk and these damages are not covered under warranty.